Toronto’s annual music festival, which was once the largest in North America, is back.
The festival, billed as Canada’s biggest, drew about 40,000 people on its opening weekend in late April, when more than 40 acts performed at the main Toronto Centre stadium.
The showpiece, which has been in Toronto since 1993, has been on a slow but steady decline.
It has been largely closed to the public since July, and it has been reduced to just four concerts each year since then.
This year’s edition is at the end of March.
The event is still an economic draw for the city.
Its attendance has been strong for years, with more than 4 million people attending its opening night in 2016.
But its return to the main stadium, a venue that was renovated in the 1990s and was converted to a concert hall, has brought more competition.
And the festival has had to adapt to the increased crowds.
Organizers said they had to make a few changes to accommodate the increased crowd, including adding a larger stage to the event, and moving the music to a bigger stage.
They also decided to bring back the “Festival of the Bands” concert series, which began in 2009.
It is a different experience to go to a festival this time, said John Sperling, executive director of the Toronto Music Industry Association.
He said many of the changes to the festival, like the concert series and the new stages, were driven by the city’s budget crunch.
The budget crunch has forced festivals to make cuts, he said.
The industry is in the process of putting together a contingency plan for a possible shutdown.
Last year’s festival had a capacity of 50,000, but this year’s has a capacity in the mid-40,000 range.
There is also a smaller number of people coming from out of town, as well as more touring acts.
The festival also did not have an outdoor stage.
The music festival will be in the middle of the night, which is a challenge, Spering said.
Last year, the festival’s main stage had an area of seats 20 to 30 feet by 20 to 25 feet, but last year it had a section of seats 40 to 50 feet by 30 to 40 feet.
Sperling said there is an “exceptionally high” chance of a major safety issue, like a fall, occurring during the festival.
It could be a major concern for people walking to the arena or getting into the arena, he added.
The city has an emergency plan, which will be shared with concert promoters and artists.
A spokesman for the festival said that the city has been trying to reach out to concert promoters to see if there are any venues that are open for the event.
They will be contacted when the city gets a list of available venues, he told CBC News.
The festivals lineup this year is set to include Canadian rockers Pearl Jam, country acts The Roots, pop acts Katy Perry and Demi Lovato, and Canadian indie band The Cure.
There will also be music from bands such as Canadian pop band Radiohead, rock band Pink Floyd, and gospel group Faith No More.
Tickets for the concert are $35 each and can be purchased online or at the festival box office.
Tickets will go on sale April 7.